Day 2 of trick or tr Eat week calls for burritos! Really any day calls for burritos in my opinion.
- 1 lb. chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 2 jalapeños (seeded and diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 8 -10 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- As the oven is heating place the spinach in the oven to wilt.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, wilted spinach, black beans, corn, jalapeños, onion, bell pepper, cheese, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/2 cup of filling mixture (don’t waste your time measuring, just make sure the burritos are fat and happy). Roll it up and place them seam side down in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (until the tops get a bit golden brown). Serve with salsa, sour cream, and a delicious fall beer.
I love any and all Mexican food, so you just can’t go wrong with burritos in my book. The prep (chopping and chopping and chopping) takes a bit of time, but I like to get that done on some lazy day– usually Sunday– while I watch endless episodes of The Office on Netflix. Then, I get the burritos all ready and pop them in the fridge. On whatever night we decide to have burritos all I have to do is put these in the oven. It’s absolutely perfect.
Thanks for reading,