This post contains affiliate links to the products I recommend on Amazon. If you purchase through one of these links, I may receive a commission.Are you looking for the best women’s climbing harness? There are a ton of options out there, but I want to break down some of the key features people should be looking for when they’re buying their harness. A woman’s harness is going to be different from a man’s and it may feel embarrassing at first. However, with some time and practice you will learn the ropes!
- My Top Choice For Best Women’s Climbing Harness
- My Top Climbing Harnesses For Women Reviews
- Black Diamond Primrose Women’s Harness (Most Comfortable!)
- PETZL Selena Climbing Harness (Best For Trad Climbing)
- EDELRID Jayne III (Great For Sport Climbing)
- PETZL Luna Climbing Harness
- Mammut Women Togir 3 Slide Harnesses (Best For Indoor Climbing)
- Mammut Women Ophir Fast Adjust Harnesses
- EDELRID Autana Climbing Harness
- PETZL Macchu Junior Harness
- Mad Rock Venus 4.0 Harness
- Mammut Sender Fast Adjust Harness
- What To Look For In A Woman’s Climbing Harness
- How Should Women Wear Rock Climbing Harnesses?
- Climbing Harnesses For Women FAQ’s
My Top Choice For Best Women’s Climbing Harness
My Top Climbing Harnesses For Women Reviews
Black Diamond Primrose Women’s Harness (Most Comfortable!)
This is a super reliable harness that is particularly useful for women with narrower waists. This harness has a unique feature that allows you to adjust the leg loops almost like a belt. You can wear this harness as snug or loose as you like. People usually tuck any excess webbing into the gear loops, but some people even leave it out completely! The Primrose has sleek buckle protection with easy-adjust buckles and durable gear loops for connecting your climbing rope.
It is made from nylon, foam, and polyester webbing – similar to the Black Diamonds Momentum women’s climbing harness package. The nylon is more durable than the foam, but the foam makes this harness extremely lightweight. People love how lightweight this harness is. The Primrose’s gear loops are just right for storing a few carabiners and some extra slings.
- This is a pretty, feminine design and doesn’t look too “boyish.”
- The colors pop, and it’s one of the brighter-colored harnesses on the market today.
- It’s a great beginner gear for women. The belts and leg loops material is super soft and supple and you won’t get sore wearing this harness for long periods of time.
- It has smooth buckles that are easy to fasten while you’re climbing with gloves on.
- I haven’t had any issues but I have heard about it having problems with getting ruined by getting too wet.
PETZL Selena Climbing Harness (Best For Trad Climbing)
This is a pretty spicy harness! This is a technical sport climbing harness that has a very attractive design. The Selena has stunning contrast stitching that gives it a very flattering and sleek appearance. It’s made from abrasion resistant nylon and foam for hanging comfort and style.
People love this harness for leading trad routes at the climbing gym or setting new personal records on their projects outside. It’s designed to be lightweight, durable, comfortable, and stylish for both men and women who are looking to climb outside or in the gym.
- The colors are really bold and the design is so awesome. You’re going to love how the buckles pop on this harness. The stitching looks like it glows and they’re very easy to adjust while you’re wearing it.
- It’s completely adjustable once you get the hang of putting it on, but it’s a bit tricky when you first start out.
- This harness is built with women in mind, so you don’t get any unnecessary features or bulk. The Selena has just the right amount of padding and the buckles are super easy to use without going too loose.
- It’s not made for sport climbing but it’s a great harness if you’re only doing trad routes outside.
EDELRID Jayne III (Great For Sport Climbing)
This is one of the the most popular women’s rock climbing harnesses. It’s lightweight, ergonomic, and has a slim design that’s perfect for long days of climbing. The Jayne is also a very pretty blue that has just the right amount of pop. It is made from AIRcomfort foam and coated Nylon with a lightweight webbing waist belt and legs.
The Jayne has fixed leg loops that are easy to adjust while you’re on route. This entire harness is very easy to adjust. The stretchable nylon means that you don’t have to worry about your harness feeling stiff or binding when you’re climbing.
- This is a great women’s harness for sport climbers and beginner trad climbers.
- It’s constructed with very durable material, so there won’t be any issues if you get this harness all wet and muddy. It will keep looking sharp even after intense outdoor climbing sessions.
- This is one of the most comfortable harnesses on the market. The material is very soft and flexible so it won’t leave you with any soreness after a long day.
- The buckles are easily adjustable without leaving any marks. It fits everybody, so you won’t have to worry about this harness being too small or too big for you.
- You can use this as a sport climbing harness with just the right amount of adjustability. It’s very easy to put on and take off when you’re in a hurry.
- It seems to be a bit tricky to get on correctly when you are first getting used to it.
PETZL Luna Climbing Harness
The Luna is a pretty and feminine climbing harness. The colors are bright and the stitching is well-made. It’s made from Nylon and foam for comfort and style. The Luna is one of the most popular women’s harnesses on the market today because it’s super lightweight, durable, comfortable, and very adjustable for men or women.
This climbing harness is just perfect for sport or trad climbing. It’s easy to put on and take off with its Velcro waist belt and buckles that are easy to use. This harness has a fixed leg loop design, so you don’t have to worry about sizing issues when you buy it.
- It fits very nicely around the waist and leg loops without being too loose or too tight, so you can adjust it quickly without having to even think about it.
- The foam padding on this harness sits in the right places. It’s super comfortable to wear while you’re climbing and won’t leave any marks on your hips or when you take it off.
- This harness is definitely made for women, so it’s a great choice for beginner female sport climbers who are looking for something that’s not too furry or bulky. The colors are bright and pretty without being too flashy.
- This is a pretty lightweight harness, but it’s also constructed with a little more Nylon than some of the other options. You may find that it doesn’t hold up as well against rust and wear as some of the others.
- This climbing harness is just a little bit slimmer than some of its competitors, so you may have to watch out for fitting issues if you have a curvy figure.
Mammut Women Togir 3 Slide Harnesses (Best For Indoor Climbing)
This harness from Mammut is designed for women who prefer the style and comfort of a slide harness. This is a great option if you are looking to use it mostly for top roping and bouldering or sport climbing. This harness is built to hold up against regular wear and tear and is made from multiple layers of heavy-duty nylon.
The three-buckle system keeps your legs in place while you climb, so you can spend less time adjusting your harness and more time enjoying your time out on the rock. This harness also comes in a few different colors, so you can pick your favorite.
- The plush leg padding is a nice touch that makes this climbing harness very comfortable to wear. It helps distribute the weight and makes it easier to move around on the rock.
- This is a great choice for beginner women who are looking for something that’s comfortable to wear without being too bulky. The padded waist also helps make this harness easy to wear and take off after you’re done climbing for the day.
- It is also a nice choice for women who are looking for something to use primarily for indoor climbing.
- This harness isn’t built to hold up under a lot of heavy use, so it’s not a great option if you’re planning on using it to lead climb.
Mammut Women Ophir Fast Adjust Harnesses
This harness by Mammut is an excellent choice for women who are looking for a harness with a lot of adjustment options. This harness is made to be comfortable for long climbing sessions and to fit most sizes of women.
It’s very lightweight and easy to adjust. The waist strap is also padded in order to make it more comfortable and quiet for the wearer. It fits comfortably on all sizes of women, regardless of what parts of the body they have.
If you’re not familiar with a climbing harness, this one has a load of great features. The back plate is padded and adjustable, so it’s comfortable for long climbs. The chest strap is adjustable for better fit and can be adjusted while wearing the harness. A simple and functional comfort waist belt is included, and you can also shorten it to fit your waist perfectly.
- It is extremely lightweight and comfortable, so you can wear it for hours without feeling sore.
- The colors are very pretty and it’s designed with women in mind.
- The adjustments on this harness are really easy to use, so you don’t have to waste any time getting it fitted correctly.
- If you’re a tall or larger woman, this might not be the best option.
EDELRID Autana Climbing Harness
This is a very popular harness among rock climbers of all sizes. The Autana is comfy and super easy to adjust while you’re wearing it. It can be adjusted while you’re wearing it, so you don’t need to waste any time getting this harness fitted correctly. It’s a great option for beginners who are just starting out in the world of sport climbing or bouldering.
The beauty of this harness is that it’s not bulky at all. The foam padding is supportive for your lower back and waist, so you’ll be comfortable while you’re climbing. The leg loops are constructed out of polyester webbing, which is more durable than nylon. The stitching on this harness looks great but doesn’t have nearly the amount of padding that other designs have, so it’s not as comfy to wear if you have issues with your hips or back.
- This is a super lightweight harness that is perfect for all types of rock climbing activities. It’s a great option if you’re rock climbing indoors or outdoors.
- It’s very easy to adjust this harness while you’re wearing it, so you don’t have to worry about making your climbing partner wait while you futz with your gear.
- The colors are nice and bright, so it’s easy to find in a hurry when you drop your harness at the bottom of a climb.
- It seems to be a bit tricky to adjust if you have a curvy figure.
PETZL Macchu Junior Harness
This is a really great women’s harness for beginners. The Macchu is super easy to adjust and is lightweight, so you don’t have to worry about your harness weighing you down or making you tiresome while you climb. Like all of the other harnesses on this list, the Macchu is adjustable while you’re wearing it, so you don’t have to wait for your climbing partner to finish readjusting their gear.
The leg loops are constructed out of nylon cord, so it’s very durable and you won’t have to worry about damaging your harness. The padding on this harness, meanwhile, is made from a soft and plush material that is adjustable for any size women. This makes it one of the most comfortable harnesses to wear, so you’ll be in heaven after a long day of climbing.
- It is a great choice for beginners because it’s lightweight and easy to adjust for women with different body types.
- It’s a great choice for women who want a lot of adjustability without having to deal with any buckles or straps that are hard to get on. The padding is also really soft, so it won’t leave you sore after a long day of climbing.
- The colors of this harness are very fashionable and perfect for any type of rock climbing.
- It’s not the best choice for taller women or women with large hips.
Mad Rock Venus 4.0 Harness
This harness is great for all types of women and is definitely not bulky. It has some padding that makes it very comfortable for long climbs. The leg loops are constructed out of nylon webbing. The construction and quality on this harness are excellent.
This harness is easy to adjust and fits most women’s body types perfectly. The waist band is super durable and padded, which makes it very comfortable to wear. There are no buckles to adjust while you’re on the rock, so you don’t have to worry about any unnecessary surprises.
- This harness is extremely easy to adjust while you are wearing it.
- The material is very comfortable and stretchy, so you don’t have to worry about it baggy or binding your hips during a long climb. The padding also keeps your lower back and waist from being sore after a long day of rock climbing.
- The colors are bright and fun, so this harness will stand out if you’re looking for an easy way to find it in the middle of a dark cave.
- The sizing seems to be a little bit off, so you may have to work to find one that fits correctly.
Mammut Sender Fast Adjust Harness
This harness is perfect for women who have a heavy build, or are tall and curvy. It’s not bulky at all, but the straps are padded so that you won’t feel uncomfortable while wearing it. The leg loops are constructed out of polyester webbing. The waist strap is padded and padded nicely, so this harness will keep you comfortable throughout your long climb.
The sizing on this harness is perfect for women who don’t have a lot of extra space in their waist or hips. It’s also wide enough on the leg loops so that you won’t feel like your legs are going to squish out of it. The sizing on this harness is definitely a little bit larger than others, so you’ll probably have to take it in for alterations if your waist or hips aren’t especially large.
- This harness is perfect for women who are looking for a very comfortable solution for bouldering and sport climbing.
- The leg loops are constructed out of polyester webbing, so they are durable and won’t tear under too much strain. The padding is adjustable, so it’s easy to get fitted just right.
- This harness fits nicely around the waist and leg loops without feeling bulky. It also has two straps that help to keep the harness in place while you climb.
- It’s a little bit loose on the leg loops, so it might be a tighter fit for women with larger thighs or hips.
What To Look For In A Woman’s Climbing Harness
The first thing you should look for in a climbing harness is comfort. This is the most important attribute of any piece of climbing gear. The last thing you want is to feel sore and gross after a long climb. You are going to be wearing your harness for a while, so it’s worth spending some time trying on different types of harnesses before making your final choice. You will not find just one harness that fits all women, but finding a harness that fits you well is the first step in building your confidence.
How Should Women Wear Rock Climbing Harnesses?
The type of material used
The size and fit of the harness straps A good climbing harness should be made of synthetic materials such as nylon or mesh. These materials are easier to clean than leather or wool and are more comfortable to wear. They can also be molded to fit a woman’s body more closely than a man’s.
Adjustability is key when it comes to climbing harnesses. Most are adjustable quickly with buckles, belay, etc, but it’s even more convenient if there are no buckles at all. The Petzl Sama and the Mad Rock Venus both have no buckles, but the Sama’s waist strap does have some stretch in it. This can be a pro or a con depending on your body type and how you climb.
Some other quick options:
- Black Diamond Solution
- Arcteryx climbing harnesses women
- Black Diamond Siren
- Black Diamond Zone
- Wild Country Spire
- Wild Country Flare
Climbing Harnesses For Women FAQ’s
What Size Climbing Harness Do Women Need?
So, how do you choose the right size? This can be tricky because it depends on the brand you are buying. But keep reading and once you know which harness you want to buy, you can go to the links below and get the proper sizing:
Women’s Climbing Harness Size Charts
Click the link below to the brand’s sizing chart.
Do You Recommend Any Women’s Full Body Harnesses
Unfortunately, I am not experienced with any of the full body options so I cannot recommend a specific one.
Will A Men’s Rock Climbing Harness Fit A Woman?
We have a complete article on this very topic. Check out the differences between men’s and women’s climbing harnesses here.
What Happens When I Need To Use The Bathroom?
Is There Specific Clothing I Should Be Wearing To Make It More Comfortable?
There are ways to help make the harness as comfortable as possible – check out my article on what to wear with a climbing harness.
More info on other clothing – what women should wear indoor rock climbing.
There are many different types of outdoor gear that will help you to improve your climbing experience. A high-quality harness to go along with your climbing shoes, climbing helmets, hanging belays and other climbing and hiking gear is just one of the things that will improve your climbing experience and make the process easier for you. With any of these harnesses, you’ll have no trouble finding a good one that meets your requirements and is comfortable for climbing.